Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back To Film

I have recently picked up a Canon AE-1 SLR to give "old school" film a try. To my surprise I have not even picked up my digital camera since. The feel of the AE-1 is awesome, and it just looks cool whether its in my hands or just sitting on the shelf. 

The AE-1 has basically two modes, full auto and shutter priority. I like shutter priority because it gives you a little more control of what you can produce but nothing like a DSLR.
I was never much a fan of adding grain when editing but the grain from film I like. 
The old canon has no auto focus which may steer some away but I liked it. More time was spent composing and not just snapping away like I would normally with my digital camera. Film is expensive (for a broke college kid) so getting it right the first time was a must.



1 comment:

  1. Film cameras are really cool. I use them all the time and actually prefer them to digital, although I use digital all the time in my business.

    ReplyDelete